Friday 3 June 2022

The Archers!

Hospodar Casimir frowns. 'Well, now - who on earth are these fellows?'
General Taras Bulbous looks a little nervous. 'They are Giezza levy, my lord - from the Dojay province'.
'Dojay Giezzas?' asks Casimir. 'Whilst I don't want to appear judgemental, they don't look entirely competent'.
'My lord, they are the very, very best that Dojay province has to offer', replies the general. 'So, generally, your instincts are right - they are rubbish'.


Casimir scrutinises the Dojay contingent. 'Some of them don't even have muskets, Bulbous. They only have bows. Is that a problem? It seems to me like it's a problem'.
Bulbous shrugs. 'Bows, muskets, soft furnishings - it doesn't really matter what they are armed with, sire. The main role of the Dojay Giezzas is to catch bullets. If the enemy are aiming at them, then it means that they're not aiming at someone else'.
'Someone else more useful?' asks Casimir.
'That would be absolutely anyone else, my lord'.
'Excellent!'

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Dojay Giezzas, indeed. :-) I can always guarantee a good laugh with these postings...

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup the Carry On franchise missed out on a hell of a scriptwriter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, Sid James refused to accept my script - there weren't enough nuns in the story.

    ReplyDelete